Some of BFAP's most recent achievements and activities are documented on our Homepage:
- Why Africa offers growing opportunities for agricultural products - August 2015
- South Africa's struggling agricultural sector: what went wrong 20 years ago? - July 2015
- Best Article in GrainSA Magazine - February 2015: How do we compare with down under?
- Inspiration Award
- Agriculturist of the Year Award
- AEASA Best Paper
|The Agricultural Writers SA announced the National Farmer, Agriculturist and New Entrant to Commercial Farming of the Year on the 14th of November 2014. Agriculturist of the Year - Prof Ferdi Meyer (Director of BFAP) competed with 6 nominees for the Award.
Every year Grain SA presents an Inspiration Award at the Grain Producer of the Year Function. This award is presented to individuals or organisations in appreciation of their excellent contributions to the grain industry, who excelled to achieve extraordinary results in their respective fields and to those who inspired the industry to be more competitive in their commitment to excellence.
In 2014 the Grain SA Executive Committee voted for the award to be presented to BFAP, and Prof Ferdi Meyer accepted the award at the function on behalf of the team on Friday, 17 October 2014. It was a wonderful evening, also attended by the minister of Agriculture, showcasing a strong drive of transformation in the industry with the announcements of various awards for new commercial farmers and smallholder farmers.
BFAP is regularly quoted in articles in Popular Magazines. Some of these are listed below:
Landbou Weekblad or Farmer's Weekly
- Beesboere kan beter boer, meer geld maak - Landbou.com
- Wes-Kaapse landbouers vereer - Landbou.com
- Tina on feeding a nation - Farmer's Weekly
- Dokument oor arbeid in Oktober verwag - Landbou.com
- ‘Sien meganisasie as geleentheid’ - Landbou.com
- Press release on Food Inflation Expectations for 2016 and beyond - BFAP
- SA's food price inflation - not only about the drought - Business Day
- Nuwe sojapers aanwins vir SA - Beeld
- Competitiveness of local grain and oilseeds industries on the global market - March 2017
- Palm Oil - a possible health and environmental dilemma - March 2017
- Competitiveness of South African broiler production - December 2016
- The impact of the drought on South African consumers and the agricultural sector - September 2016
- The competitiveness of the oilseed value chain - October 2015
Other popular magazines